Smart 4K 8-channel 2TB DVR with four 5MP Deterrence Bullet Cameras
Be proactive when it comes to your safety with this smart 4K active deterrence security system from Lorex. This top-of-the-line system features our innovative 8-channel advanced motion detection DVR and four 5MP Super HD deterrence bullet security cameras. With exceptional features such as smart home voice control, active deterrence LED lights and siren, person/vehicle detection and long-range color night vision, this system gives you control of your safety while providing professional-grade security protection for your home or business.
Super HD security camera
The main reason to purchase a security camera is to capture useful evidence should an incident ever occur on your property. This 5MP camera will do just that. It is capable of recording a 5MP resolution of 2592 × 1944 – that’s more than 2× the amount of pixels of 1080p. This heightened resolution will produce stunningly detailed video providing definitive footage/evidence of the event in question. It will also allow for greater digital zoom so you can see further into the distance. This camera also comes with a wide 98° angle lens that is perfect for large areas or doorways.
With the security cameras in this system, you get two additional ways to scare off would-be intruders. First, there is a super bright LED that can be customized to be triggered when detecting motion or manually activated with the push of a button through the app or from the recorder. You can also choose a strobe light setting, in addition to setting a schedule for when the deterrence LED should be activated to avoid having it go off during the day, for example. Second, there is a remote-triggered siren that is designed to stop trespassers right in their tracks. When motion is detected within the sensor range, the system sends an alert to your smartphone, allowing you to remotely access the camera and set off an intruder alert to deter crime.
Advanced motion detection
Be alerted whenever motion is detected on your property thanks to advanced motion detection. This system features person/vehicle detection on 4 channels to reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms. Important motion events that are recorded can easily be found using the Smart Search feature, which organizes events by type (e.g. person/vehicle motion vs. general motion, etc.).
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home™
This feature-rich system is designed for use with our innovative, hassle-free Lorex Home™ app. Using Lorex Home, you can quickly and easily view your security system remotely from your smartphone or tablet and control active deterrence features. Simply download the free app, scan the QR code on the DVR and your cameras will appear for you to monitor (or review footage). You can also program the app to send you motion-activated push notifications and email alerts with screenshot attachments straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times.
Smart home compatibility
Get faster access to your security system with hands-free voice control. This security camera system is compatible with Amazon Alexa™, Google Assistant™, as well as Apple TV* and Chromecast™. By using simple voice commands, you can activate camera features and access live or recorded footage directly on your smart TV, and more. For more information about current smart home integrations, visit our Smart Home Guide.
*Requires Gen 4 or newer Apple TV with support for APP Store
View Your System through Apple TV
Watch your Lorex system in new ways. Don’t have an option of hooking up your Lorex recorder directly to your TV? No problem. Simply make sure your Lorex recorder is on the same network as your Apple TV (Gen 4 or newer) and watch your Lorex recorder on your TV through the Lorex Home Apple TV App.
Color Night Vision
The 5MP Ultra HD bullet camera is this system provides Color Night Vision™ with ambient lighting. The maximum night vision range, in low-light conditions, is up to 135ft. Without the help of external lighting, this camera is still capable of recording full black and white night vision up to 90ft (28m) in total darkness. Smart IR imaging technology and Clear Night Noise Reduction provide superior low light performance and the integrated infrared cut filter switches on and off between day and night, ensuring accurate color reproduction in all lighting conditions.
Install your security cameras wherever you need them most – even outside. In fact, they have been rated as IP67 weatherproof, the highest rating available for Lorex security cameras, so you can count on all-season security monitoring that never stops working. They can even function in sub-zero temperatures as low as -40°F / -40°C.
Reliable security grade hard drive
DVRs such as this are capable of working 24/7 without a break. Thankfully, so is the hard drive within it. Lorex uses security certified hard drives that are manufactured specifically to meet the high workload demands of continuous security monitoring. This means that you can rely on this professional grade 2TB hard drive to safely store weeks (or even months) of security footage. It is also possible to manually upgrade the hard drive within the DVR to a hard drive up to 10TB in size.
With or without the internet
This DVR can be used without being connected to the internet. This means that your data can only be accessed directly from your DVR. However, an internet connection is required to enable remote viewing, motion push notifications, and to download the latest firmware updates.
No Monthly Fees
There are absolutely no monthly fees associated with this security system. All video footage is safely stored on the security grade hard drive located within the recorder.
DVR Digital Video Recorder
Security DVRs connect to BNC cameras using RG59 coaxial cables and they compress and store video footage captured from security cameras.
24/7 100% Duty cycle hard drive pre-installed
The hard drives are designed to work in a security environment, including simultaneous recording & playback from various streams.
4K Ultra High Definition Digital Video Surveillance Recorder
- Capable of recording up to 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Resolution on all cameras1
- Digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity
- Expand your security system with both 8 and 16 channel recorder options
- Quickly access footage and features with simple voice commands (Compatible with: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)7
- View live or recorded video directly on your TV with smart home compatibility (Compatible with: Chromecast)
- Reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms with advanced motion detection8
- Get push notifications when motion from a person/vehicle is detected6 (Available on up to 4 channels)
- Use Smart Search to filter motion events for reviewing footage quickly and easily
- A panic button is located on the recorder to activate all lights and sirens on your cameras4
- Local built-in security-grade hard drive ensures only you can access your footage
- Ample storage space with no monthly cloud fees
- Heavy-duty hard drive designed to handle the workload of 24/7 monitoring
5MP Ultra HD security camera:
- View video with more than twice the resolution of 1080p
- 98° Field of View (horizontal)
- Experience enhanced nighttime clarity and better video evidence with Color Night Vision™ (ambient lighting required)
- Up to 135ft (41m) IR night vision in low light and 90ft (28m) in total darkness1
- Motion-activated LED warning light
- Take intruders by surprise and alert nearby neighbours with a remote-activated warning siren
- Weatherproof rated (IP67)
- Operates in temperatures low as -40°F (-40°C) and high as 131°F (55°C)
- Durable camera housing, designed to withstand harsh weather conditions