4K IP Smart NVR System with 4 Active Deterrence Security Cameras
The next generation of security monitoring is here. With industry-leading 4K (8 megapixel) resolution, smart deterence and motion detection, the NK183-68ABE security camera system from Lorex will bring a whole new level of detail to your security monitoring. It includes our outstanding 4K, 8-channel N841 Series Smart Detection Network Video Recorder (NVR) and four 4K Active Deterrence Security Cameras. If you are looking to protect your home, small business or commercial property, this powerful security camera system will have you covered.
4K NVR can support up to 8 cameras
4 × 4K Active Deterrence IP cameras
Maximum night vision range
Expandable up to 10TB
4K sharpness gets you the details you need
Thanks to the camera’s powerful 8MP image sensor, you’ll experience the difference that 4K resolution makes when it comes to your security. 4K means there are more than 8 million pixels, and that results in sharper video, realistic color representation and superior digital zoom capabilities.
Person and vehicle smart motion detection
Your cameras come with advanced person and vehicle detection that helps identify more important objects that enter the camera’s field of view. Thanks to this innovative feature, you will only get a push notification and image screenshot to your Lorex Home app whenever a person or vehicle is detected on your property. This effectively reduces the number of unwanted false alerts caused by moving branches or animals. All recorded motion alerts can easily be reviewed by using the Smart Search function in the Lorex Home mobile app.
Stop trespassers in their tracks with Active Deterrence
Super bright LEDs, a remotely triggered siren, and two-way audio make this security camera an extremely valuable asset to your IP security system. For example, the LED lights can be customized to always be on or triggered by motion. You can also choose a strobe light setting, in addition to setting a schedule for when the deterrence LEDs should automate. The remote-triggered siren is also designed to stop trespassers right in their tracks. When motion is detected within the sensor range, the system sends an alert to your Lorex Home app, allowing you to remotely access the camera and set off a loud siren to deter crime.
Listen-in Audio and Two-Way Talk
A built-in speaker and microphone allows for
crystal-clear audio functionality. Listen-in audio recording will add a
whole new dimension to your overall security monitoring, as it can
provide additional details (like a voice) should an incident occur. This
camera also has a speaker that allows you to communicate with others
through the camera through the Lorex Home app. *
*Audio recording is disabled by default. Audio recording without consent is illegal in certain jurisdictions. Lorex Technology does not assume liability for any use of its products that fails to conform with local laws.
Remote viewing from your mobile with Lorex Home™
This feature-rich system is designed for use with our innovative, hassle-free Lorex Home™ app. Using Lorex Home, you can quickly and easily view your security system remotely from your smartphone or tablet and control active deterrence features. Simply download the free app, scan the QR code on the NVR and your cameras will appear for you to monitor (or review footage). You can also program the app to send you motion-activated push notifications with screenshot attachments straight to your phone to keep you connected to your property at all times.
Smart home compatibility
Get faster access to your security system with hands-free
voice control. This security camera system is compatible with Amazon
Alexa™, Google Assistant™, as well as Apple TV* and Chromecast™. By
using simple voice commands, you can activate camera features and access
live or recorded footage directly on your smart TV, and more. For more
information about current smart home integrations, visit our Smart Home Guide.
* Requires Gen 4 or newer Apple TV with support for APP Store
View your system through Apple TV
Watch your Lorex system in new ways. Don’t have an
option of hooking up your Lorex recorder directly to your TV? No
problem. Simply make sure your Lorex recorder is on the same network as
your Apple TV* (Gen 4 or newer) and watch your Lorex recorder on your TV through the Lorex Home Apple TV App.
Full-color video, even at night
With the help of some external lighting, these cameras will use our revolutionary Color Night Vision™ (CNV) technology. This will produce full-color video during the night, provide a further level of detail (the color of clothes or cars, for example), and add increased contrast for easier detection and recognition of people and objects.
Long-range IR night vision
In regular nighttime conditions that are too dark for CNV to render full-color images, this camera will use it’s infrared LEDs to record crisp black and white video footage up to 150ft (46m) away and up to 98ft (30m) in complete darkness.
PoE plug-and-play installation
This 4K security camera system will be up and running in no time thanks to Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) technology. All that is required to connect each of your security cameras to your NVR is a single Cat5e ethernet cable run. This cable provides both power and video transmission up to 300 feet / 91m. ARTICLE How to Install Security Cameras ARTICLE Understanding PoE Technology ARTICLE Understanding 2K and 4K Security Cameras
This NVR brings your security camera system to the next level with an easy-to-use panic button located on the front of the recorder. By pressing and holding this button you can activate all lights and sirens on your compatible Active Deterrence cameras at one time to deter potential intruders.
H.265 / HEVC encoding
Your security camera and NVR are both equipped with High-Efficiency Video Encoding (HEVC) or H.265 video compression. This encoding technology efficiently compresses file sizes. In fact, it can compress file sizes up to 50% more than files using the previous encoding technology (H.264), without any noticeable degradation in quality. HEVC encoding will also save you plenty of bandwidth while watching live or recorded video remotely.
Built for the outdoors
While this camera is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, it has been especially designed to withstand the harsh impacts of nature. It has an IP67 rating, meaning it can tolerate extreme temperatures ranging from -40°F to 122°F (-40°C to 50°C). It also has a durable, all-metal sheath for added protection.
122°F | 50°C
-40°F | -40°C
Cold Rating IP67 Water Rating
Reliable security-grade hard drive preinstalled
A 3TB security grade hard drive (expandable up to
10TB) comes preinstalled within this NVR. Designed to meet the high
workload demands of continuous security monitoring, this heavy-duty hard
drive can reliably record weeks (even months) of footage without taking
a break. All recorded footage is then safely stored on the hard drive
where only you can access it, so there are no surprise fees or monthly
With or without the internet
This security system can be used without being connected to the internet. This means that your data can only be accessed directly from your recorder. However, an internet connection is required to enable remote viewing, motion push notifications, and to download the latest firmware updates.
Image resolution comparison
|Recording||8MP (3840×2160)||4MP (2272×1704)||Full 1080p HD (1920×1080)||720p HD (1280×720)||Analog 1080p HD (1920×1080)|
|Platform||4K NVR systems||2K NVR systems||1080p HD NVR systems||720p HD NVR systems||1080p HD DVR systems|
|Video||Digital IP / RJ45 connection||Digital IP / RJ45 connection||Digital IP / RJ45 connection||Digital IP / RJ45 connection||Analog BNC / RG59 connection|
|Power||PoE (Power over Ethernet)||PoE (Power over Ethernet)||PoE (Power over Ethernet)||PoE (Power over Ethernet)||Standard DC power|
|Installation||Connect cameras to NVR or to router/LAN||Connect cameras to NVR or to router/LAN||Connect cameras to NVR or to router/LAN||Connect cameras to NVR or to router/LAN||Cameras require wired connection to DVR|
|Resolution||4K = 8 megapixels||2K = 4 megapixels||1080p = 2 megapixels||720p = 1 megapixel||1080p = 2 megapixels|
Connects directly to TVs and Monitors
Easily watch live video feeds or review video footage on most Monitors or HD TVs by using the included HDMI cable.
NVR Network Video Recorder
Security NVRs will connect to IP cameras using CAT5 network cables and will store pre-compressed video footage from IP cameras.
4K Ultra HD Resolution (4×1080p Full HD)
4K resolution offers four times the resolution of 1080p with approximately 4000 horizontal pixels, provides the maximum level of detail and clarity available.
24/7 100% Duty cycle hard drive pre-installed
The hard drives are designed to work in a security environment, including simultaneous recording & playback from various streams.
4K-Capable HD Network Video Recorder Features:
- Record and view video in up to 4K (8MP) Ultra HD Resolution on all cameras1
- Digitally zoom in on distant objects for better clarity
- Expand your security system with up to 8 IP cameras with built-in PoE ports
- Reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms with advanced motion detection6
- Get push notifications when motion from a person or a vehicle is detected3
- Use Smart Search to filter motion events for reviewing footage quickly and easily
- A panic button is located on the recorder to activate all lights and sirens on your cameras6
- Quickly access footage and features with simple voice commands (Compatible with: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)4
- View live or recorded video directly on your TV with smart home compatibility (Compatible with: Apple TV and Chromecast)4
- Local built-in security-grade hard drive ensures only you can access your footage
- Ample storage space with no hidden monthly cloud fees
- Heavy-duty hard drive designed for advanced processing and the workload of 24/7 monitoring
Each N841A83 Includes:
1 × NVR 1 × AC power adapter 1 × USB mouse 1 × Ethernet cable 1 × HDMI cable Quick start guides
1. 4K (8MP) IP cameras are required to take advantage of 4K recording.
3. Accuracy of Advanced Person and Vehicle Motion Detection will be influenced by multiple factors, such as the object’s distance from the camera, the size of the object, and the height and angle of the camera. Night vision will also impact the accuracy of detection.
4. Controlling certain features in your security system requires a compatible smart device. Availability and performance of certain features and services are smart device dependent and may not be available in all areas or networks. For compatibility, features, and instructions visit www.lorex.com/smarthome
5. Accessing your security system remotely requires a high-speed Internet connection. Ensure your NVR has a wired connection to a router (not included). A minimum upload speed of 5Mbps is recommended for reasonable video performance. Up to 3 devices may connect to the system at the same time. For the latest list of supported apps and devices, please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
6. Compatible with certain Lorex IP cameras only. For a list of compatible cameras please visit www.lorex.com/compatibility
7. HDMI output supports 4K HD for high definition multi-channel live or recorded video viewing. Image quality and resolution is dependent on the type of camera connected to the NVR, as well as TV/monitor resolution.
8. Both firmware and software must be updated to latest version to ensure.
4K Ultra HD Smart Deterrence IP Camera:
- View video in 4K (8MP) resolution, providing the highest quality video evidence
- Wide-angle 111° field of view offers optimal coverage
- Color Night Vision™1 and up to 150ft (45m) IR night vision range2
- High Dynamic Range (HDR), automatically adjusts to changing light conditions to ensure consistent video quality
- Reduce unnecessary alerts and false alarms with Smart Motion detection
- Smart Motion distinguishes motion detected by either people or vehicles, limiting unnecessary alerts for things like falling leaves or animals
- Dual motion-activated LED warning lights
- Take intruders by surprise and alert nearby neighbours with a remote-activated siren
- Built-in mic and speaker allows you to listen and speak to visitors with 2-way talk3
- Weatherproof Rated (IP67)
- Operates in temperatures as low as -40°F (-40°C) and high as 122°F (50°C)
- Durable all-metal housing, designed to withstand harsh weather conditions
Each E891AB Includes:
1 × 4K IP Security Camera 1 × Mounting Kit 1 × 100ft Ethernet Cable* 1 × Quick Start Guides
1. Color nighttime video typically switches to black & white IR
night vision when there is not sufficient ambient light to ensure
optimal low-light image quality.
2. Stated IR illumination range is based on ideal conditions in typical outdoor nighttime ambient lighting (up to 98ft/30m in total darkness). Actual range and image clarity depends on installation location, viewing area and light reflection/absorption.
3. Audio recording is disabled by default. Audio recording without consent is illegal in certain jurisdictions. Lorex Technology does not assume liability for any use of its product that fails to conform with local laws.
4. Not intended for submersion in water. Installation in a sheltered area recommended.
5. In order for Person and Vehicle detection to operate, this camera requires a connection to a compatible Lorex Network Video Recorder with smart detection technology. For a list of compatible recorders please visit: